Thursday, September 19, 2013

The BEST fudgy chocolate brownies ever!



Assalam o Alaykum!

If you don't know yet, I'm a big fan of baking! Partly because of my sugar cravings and partly because I enjoy it. Yesterday, I started craving some hot fudgy chocolate brownies with whipped cream. It was then that I started looking through my mom's old recipe diary, trying to find her recipe, the one she has been using for the past 5 years. I baked it as soon as I had time and they turned out slightly crispy on the top and fudgy on the inside, ya'ni almost perfect alhamdulIllah!

Here's the complete recipe:
Ingredients:
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I like to use Cadbury's so they turn out even yummier!)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 + 1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 boiling water
2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon fine salt

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 175 degree Celsius. Grease and line a 9"x13" baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the cocoa powder and baking soda. Add  1/3 cup vegetable oil and boiling water. Mix until well blended and thickened.
3. Stir in the sugar, eggs and the remaining 1/3 cup oil.
4. Finally add the flour, vanilla and salt. Mix just until all the flour is absorbed. Do not over mix!
5. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before cutting into squares.

These are best served with whipped cream. Enjoy!
I couldn't take a picture myself but here is what they precisely look like. (Image source: Google)





No comments:

Post a Comment